Atheists had no role winning the freedom fought for by the original 13 colonies
Happy 4th of July
2017-07-04 18:36:26 UTC
In fact, if it had been up to them, all the Christians would be dead and
there would have been no colonies at all.

The United Stated of America was born to escape religious oppression.

Atheists are nothing BUT religious oppression.

They have no right to a paid holiday on the 4th of July with everyone else
because it represents something they don't believe in and never fought
for.
Ted
2017-07-04 18:42:45 UTC
Post by Happy 4th of July
In fact, if it had been up to them, all the Christians would be dead and
there would have been no colonies at all.
The United Stated of America was born to escape religious oppression.
Atheists are nothing BUT religious oppression.
They have no right to a paid holiday on the 4th of July with everyone else
because it represents something they don't believe in and never fought
for.
Read Thomas Paine's "The Age of Reason". Most of the Founding Fathers
assumed the Bible would soon be discarded.
Wile E. Coyote
2017-07-04 19:12:28 UTC
Post by Ted
Post by Happy 4th of July
In fact, if it had been up to them, all the Christians would be dead
and there would have been no colonies at all.
The United Stated of America was born to escape religious oppression.
Atheists are nothing BUT religious oppression.
They have no right to a paid holiday on the 4th of July with everyone
else because it represents something they don't believe in and never
fought for.
Read Thomas Paine's "The Age of Reason". Most of the Founding Fathers
assumed the Bible would soon be discarded.
No, stupid, they did not. Dismissed.
--
It's time for the students to step up their game and kill people like
Coulter.

Siri Cruise <***@yahoo.com> April 25, 2017
Ted
Ever read Thomas Paine?
Ted
2017-07-04 20:59:08 UTC
Post by Happy 4th of July
In fact, if it had been up to them, all the Christians would be dead and
there would have been no colonies at all.
The United Stated of America was born to escape religious oppression.
Atheists are nothing BUT religious oppression.
They have no right to a paid holiday on the 4th of July with everyone else
because it represents something they don't believe in and never fought
for.
Tom Paine, a deist was accused of being a non-believer, as was
“And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus,
by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin,
will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva
in the brain of Jupiter.”
http://www.beliefnet.com/resourcelib/docs/53/Letter_from_Thomas_Jefferson_to_John_Adams_1.html
Jefferson admired Josh as a moral teacher, but, like
the Unitarian Adams, didn't ascribe divinity to him.
See also: "5 Founding Fathers Whose Skepticism About
Christianity Would Make Them Unelectable Today" by
Rob Boston
http://www.alternet.org/story/153727/5_founding_fathers_whose_skepticism_about_christianity_would_make_them_unelectable_today
Imagine if, in the late 18th century, when there were still
state laws against blasphemy that people were convicted
under and punished under, a truly atheist person was as
prominent as any of the Founders, who would proclaim that?
Deists and members of other than the official state churches
had enough trouble.
Ethan Allen of Vermont's Green Mountain Boys, was no Christian.
http://www.god-and-country.info/EthanAllen.html#rlg
"In the circle of my acquaintance, (which has not been small,)
I have generally been denominated a Deist, the reality of which I
never disputed, being conscious I am no Christian, except mere infant
baptism make me one; and as to being a Deist, I know not, strictly
speaking, whether I am one or not, for I have never read their writings;
mine will therefore determine the matter ..." -- Reason, the Only Oracle
of Man, 1784, Preface
"In those parts of the world where learning and science have
prevailed, miracles have ceased; but in those parts of it as are barbarous
and ignorant, miracles are still in vogue." -- Reason, the Only Oracle
of Man, 1784
http://libertyonline.hypermall.com/allen-reason.html
So, my friend from Hong Kong, you are talking through your hat.
Happy Independence Say, USAians.
Kevin R
Thanks, Kevrob.
PaxPerPoten
2017-07-05 05:27:40 UTC
Post by Ted
Post by Happy 4th of July
In fact, if it had been up to them, all the Christians would be dead and
there would have been no colonies at all.
The United Stated of America was born to escape religious oppression.
Atheists are nothing BUT religious oppression.
They have no right to a paid holiday on the 4th of July with everyone else
because it represents something they don't believe in and never fought
for.
Read Thomas Paine's "The Age of Reason". Most of the Founding Fathers
assumed the Bible would soon be discarded.
Most of the signers were "Deists"
ages who mean to govern well, but *They mean to govern*. They promise to
be good masters, *but they mean to be masters*. Daniel Webster
Ted
True. I doubt any of them were atheists.
PaxPerPoten
2017-07-06 07:06:26 UTC
Post by Ted
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by Ted
Post by Happy 4th of July
In fact, if it had been up to them, all the Christians would be dead and
there would have been no colonies at all.
The United Stated of America was born to escape religious oppression.
Atheists are nothing BUT religious oppression.
They have no right to a paid holiday on the 4th of July with everyone else
because it represents something they don't believe in and never fought
for.
Read Thomas Paine's "The Age of Reason". Most of the Founding Fathers
assumed the Bible would soon be discarded.
Most of the signers were "Deists"
True. I doubt any of them were atheists.
Well, Jonathon ..that might or might not be.