NPR tweets the Declaration of Independence, and ignorant left-wing liberals freak out about a 'revolution'
Leroy N. Soetoro
2017-07-06 20:21:41 UTC
http://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article159696039.html

http://pics.mcclatchyinteractive.com/news/nation-
world/national/l5j2rw/picture159696034/alternates/FREE_1140/tweets_indepen
dence

To commemorate the Fourth of July and what the holiday represents,
National Public Radio filled its Twitter feed with the words of the
Declaration of Independence on Tuesday.

NPR ? @NPR
Replying to @NPR
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,
12:01 PM - 4 Jul 2017
646 646 Retweets 3,270 3,270 likes

NPR ? @NPR
Replying to @NPR
When in the Course of human events,
12:01 PM - 4 Jul 2017
780 780 Retweets 3,268 3,268 likes

NPR ? @NPR
Replying to @NPR
it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which
have connected them with another,
12:01 PM - 4 Jul 2017
703 703 Retweets 3,431 3,431 likes

NPR ? @NPR
Replying to @NPR
and to assume among the powers of the earth,
12:02 PM - 4 Jul 2017
517 517 Retweets 2,707 2,707 likes

NPR ? @NPR
Replying to @NPR
the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's
God entitle them,
12:02 PM - 4 Jul 2017
539 539 Retweets 2,802 2,802 likes

NPR ? @NPR
Replying to @NPR
a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should
declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
12:02 PM - 4 Jul 2017
556 556 Retweets 2,870 2,870 likes

The tweets went unrecognized as containing the text of one of our nation’s
most important documents by some on Twitter. People tweeted that NPR’s
thread was trash, that it was inciting revolution and was a reason the
public organization should be defunded.

Some seemed to imply that the thread was directed at President Donald
Trump.

NPR ? @NPR
Replying to @NPR
it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute
new Government,
Follow
D.G.Davies @JustEsrafel
So, NPR is calling for revolution.
Interesting way to condone the violence while trying to sound "patriotic".
Your implications are clear.
12:08 PM - 4 Jul 2017
38 38 Retweets 39 39 likes

PolitiTrek @bosslady2898
Replying to @everbodyBlocksU @Rosemar91328525
You'd have thought it was "War of the Worlds" broadcast ?? @JustEsrafel
@NPR
Follow
Rosemary Hart @Rosemar91328525
Bwhaha. I loved the guy who said NPR should having funding pulled for
threatening revolt. KING GEORGE III NOT TRUMP.
7:44 PM - 4 Jul 2017
9 9 Retweets 89 89 likes

https://twitter.com/brentajones/status/882319256712613888/photo/1

Brent Jones @brentajones
A few of the replies to @NPR’s tweeting the Declaration of Independence on
this, the 4th of July.
12:24 PM - 4 Jul 2017
1,157 1,157 Retweets 1,382 1,382 likes

NPR ? @NPR
Replying to @NPR
He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to
Laws for establishing Judiciary powers.
Follow
Terry @xebec78
Horsechit
12:10 PM - 4 Jul 2017
7 7 Retweets 13 13 likes

Darren Mills ???? @darren_mills
Replying to @NPR
this is why you're going to get defunded
Follow
Darren Mills ???? @darren_mills
Seriously, this is the dumbest idea I have ever seen on twitter. Literally
no one is going to read 5000 tweets about this trash.
1:15 PM - 4 Jul 2017
28 28 Retweets 31 31 likes

NPR ? @NPR
241 years ago today, church bells rang out over Philadelphia as the
Declaration of Independence was adopted http://n.pr/2smWbYR
Follow
Diesel ???????? @ScandalSheet
DEFUND #NPR let the Hollywood Elites pay for your biased propaganda
12:39 PM - 4 Jul 2017
3 3 Retweets 10 10 likes

One of the most popular tweets in the thread from NPR was this one:

NPR ? @NPR
Replying to @NPR
A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a
Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.
12:14 PM - 4 Jul 2017
12,408 12,408 Retweets 23,742 23,742 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
To his credit, Twitter user D.G. Davies apologized for not recognizing the
tweets as the Declaration of Independence. “I Tweeted a VERY dumb
comment,” he wrote. “But ask yourselves; if read to the average American,
would they know that you were reading the DOI? I do now.”

D.G.Davies @JustEsrafel
Replying to @capetrov
You're absolutely right, C.A.
I also hope this serves as a lesson to any and all of us to stop and
think. I have learned mine.
8:13 PM - 4 Jul 2017
2 2 Retweets 192 192 likes

Max Londberg: 816-234-4378, @MaxLondberg
parade of the democrat party has run out of gas.

Congratulations President Trump. Thank you for ending the disaster of the
Obama presidency.

The World According To Garp.

ObamaCare is a total 100% failure and no lie that can be put forth by its
supporters can dispute that.

Obama jobs, the result of ObamaCare. 12-15 working hours a week at minimum
wage, no benefits and the primary revenue stream for ObamaCare. It can't
be funded with money people don't have, yet liberals lie about how great
it is.

Obama increased total debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion in the eight
years he was in office, and sold out heterosexuals for Hollywood queer
liberal democrat donors.
Siri Cruise
2017-07-06 20:31:38 UTC
Post by Leroy N. Soetoro
Some seemed to imply that the thread was directed at President Donald
Trump.
'ignorant left-wing liberals' were upset by that?
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
Free the Amos Yee one. This post / \
Yeah, too bad about your so-called life. Ha-ha. insults Islam. Mohammed